Friday, September 14, 2012

Changing Configuration of a model that a drawing is looking at.

This post is in Response to a Question on Linked In. See Below

"Configuration driven drawings question...

OK, long time SW user, I was wanting to do something I think is possible but have never tried before. I hve a family of parts that are all based on the same initial geometry/features, but with various end-of-history-tree features. In the past I have have maintained them as separate models in order to be able to assign discreet part numbers and generate drawings with those part numbers. However, I can and have created all of the iterations as a single part with the changes driven as configurations with unique part number designations (better for me), but I am unsure if I can now create discreet drawings with those matching drawing configuration numbers. I prefer not to do it as a multiple page drawing showing all of the configurations. Is there a configuration property setting or something else that would allow me to do this?"

This is my Response,

"I do something similar at my company, I maintain one model with all different configurations. yet i have a separate drawing looking at each configuration. when you start a new drawing you can change the configuration that the drawing view is looking at along with the configuration that the BOM is looking at. I will post some pictures on my blog. http://cadtechie.blogspot.com/2012/09/changing-configuration-of-model-that.html

See pictures below



No comments:

Post a Comment